When leaves pile up in your yard - plus other debris that clutters up your landscape - it's time to consider getter an electric leaf mulcher. Removing leaves is essential because leaf debris will kill your grass if you leave (get it?) them on the lawn all winter long. An electric leaf mulcher will save you a lot of time, especially if you have been raking all the leaves and putting them in trash bags yourself. Why not consider using that leaf debris to create some compost perfect for fertilizing your garden?
Electric mulchers reduce noise pollution as well as the air pollution that gas mulchers create. They're also much lighter, so you can easily carry them around the yard. They're substantially less expensive than other types of mulchers. The only downside to electric mulchers is that an electrical outlet is needed to operate this device.
Be certain to clear and check motor air-intake often (at least once an hour). Use ear and eye protection plus dusk mask (if you're subject to allergies).
- Can be used as a powerful paper shredder
- Reduces yard clean-up time by 50%
- Very easy assembly
- Have to purchase separately 7-inch leg extensions if you're stuffing into conventional paper bags
- No spare parts are available from manufacturer
- Leaves have to be totally bone dry or else they'll clog up the machine
- 13 amp 120V motor mulches approximately 53 gallons of leaves each minute, and deposits them into a bag
- Bladeless mulching system Flex-a-Line uses a thick grass trimmer line for 11:1 mulching ratio
- Quick disassembly and assembly, and tool free for compact, convenient storage
- Easy start-stop system and clean motor cooling system
- Includes 24 cutting lines and bag support ring
- 13-inch cutting diameter
- 2-year manufacturer's limited warranty
The WORX 13 Amp WG430 Electric Leaf Mulch Ratio and Compact Fold-Down Design is a perfect solution for leaves that can't be burnt or raked into the street. This product turns all leaves into valuable compost and mulch that can be recycled into your flowerbeds or garden. Approximately 53 gallons of leaves can be mulched per minute. This machine assembles quickly and stores easily when not being used.
This leaf mulcher addresses the annual problem of having multiple piles of leaves throughout the yard. It takes only a few simple steps to turn hundreds of gallons of leaves into organic, vitamin-rich mulch that's the best fertilizer for your garden or flower bed. This machine uses heavy-duty trimmer line (not dangerous metal blades) to safely and efficiently mulch through debris and leaves.
A traditional gas mulcher/shredder can disturb the ambiance with loud noise and noxious air. The WORX WG430 has a powerful motor which delivers 8,500 RPMs and will reduce that mass of twigs and dead leaves to about 1/11th of its previous size. Just think - you won't have to lug 11 bags of leaves out to the curb for disposal or distribution - you'll only have one single bag. Also, you'll be reducing up to 60% of what typically ends up in your local landfill, while at the same time creating vitamin rich compost and mulch. Shredded leaves give new plant growth necessary nutrients during the growing season. Also, leaf mulch increases soil water retention, while saving you money and reducing watering time.
This WORX Leaf Mulcher has an oversized mouth and a 13-inch cut diameter. Collect and pulverize acres of leaves into very manageable mulch mounds in a fraction of the usual time. This mulcher has a clean-air dust-reducing motor cooling system. Mulched leaves and air are separated using an external exhaust and cooling air intake, which significantly reduces dust generation. This machine weighs less than 20 lbs., and its compact design (which features disassembled parts nesting together neatly) is conveniently stored in the off seasons in a garage or shed shelf.
- 13 Amp motor efficiently mulches up to 53 gallons of leaves per minute, deposits debris into a bag...
- Flex-a-line bladeless system uses thick trimmer line to achieve an 11:1 mulching ratio
- Tool free, quick assembly and disassembly for convenient and compact storage. Line Diameter-0.09...
- Features a clean air motor cooling system and an easy start-stop system
This machine's bladeless Flex-a-Line mulching system boasts cutting line replacement which is toolless, and one universal bag holder which accepts both plastic and paper bags. Finally, this machine features an oversized off/on switch for complete, hassle-free operation.
THANKS FOR READING
Eighty percent of online reviewers found this product to be excellent for leaf mulching. Nine percent of critics liked this product but would like to suggest to the manufacturer that leg extenders for accommodating 50-gallon recycling bags should be included, as well as a skirt underneath the orange chassis that would extend down into the bag interior. Eleven percent of reviewers were dissatisfied with this product, and would not purchase it again. They cited problems such as leaves not breaking down, and the manufacturer not supplying any repair parts for their product.