Many first time homeowners are surprised at the sheer number of tools that are often needed to achieve the beautiful, lush lawn that most desire. In the never ending quest to find newer and better methods of our homes and land, we often end up acquiring an entire garage or shed full of power tools.
For a homeowner, what makes all of the difference is finding the right tools that are both versatile and can fulfill multiple functions. The need for this type of power tool becomes even more important when fall rolls around, and there is a continual stream of falling leaves to contend with.
The brand new Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum is one of those tools. This machine is capable of performing the jobs of three different power tools (a vacuum, a leaf blower, and a leaf shredder), and it only requires a minimal amount of space in your garage. Although initially designed for residential use, the well-balanced and powerful design of the Toro UltraPlus has led it to become a popular electric leaf blower among landscaping professionals.
- The claims regarding this unit’s mulching and blowing capabilities have been independently verified by controlled testing performed in independent labs.
- The quick release latch makes it simple to convert the device from one machine to another.
- A small percentage of reviewers have found the power switch to be overly sensitive, which resulted in an accidental turning off of the device while it was in low power mode.
- This unit can provide a maximum wind speed of 250 mph to ensure that it clears “tough” lawn debris, like wet leaves.
- The variable speed control allows the user to exercise better control in both vac and blower modes.
- It comes with multiple nozzle attachments for the hose.
- This model is covered by a 2 year, comprehensive warranty from the manufacturer.
The Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum has fared well in both professional and consumer written reviews since its introduction to the market.
Weighing in at 8.9 pounds, it is slightly heavier than other comparable models, but because of how the weight is distributed, many users have not noticed the difference.
Knobs located at the back and front of the unit make it simple and comfortable to operate this blower vacuum with two hands (if so desired), and the length of the vacuum tube can be adjusted as needed to accommodate a user’s height.
The variable speed control offered by the Toro UltraPlus has been a favorite feature. If you need to move a pile of wet leaves, this leaf blower is more than capable of handling the job, but if you need a gentler flow of air to remove lightweight yard debris from a flower bed, it can handle that as well – without damaging your flowers or shrubs. The speed control knob enables you to adjust the airflow from barely there to its top out max of 250 mph.
The model has been praised for its easy assembly/disassembly and the sturdiness of its construction. Even when being used at max power, there are no loose or rattling components to worry about. Purchase of this model also includes three different nozzles for the hose, which increase its versatility.
Also included is the unique looking oscillating nozzle. This particular nozzle directs the flow of air to the user’s left and right, instead of one straight stream. Although using this nozzle makes the unit less effective at moving wet leaves and heavier debris, it is quite handy to clearing large areas of dry leaves in a shorter amount of time.
- Superior blowing and mulching proven by controlled laboratory testing
- Powerful up to 250 mph degree. 350 CFM blow mode and 410 CFM Vac mode
- Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, shred-all shred ring and time-saving oscillating...
- Variable speed control for better control in both blower and vac mode
The inclusion of a metal impeller makes this unit highly effective at mulching leaves. At this price point, many manufacturers include an impeller that is made from hard plastic or nylon. The impeller takes a good beating because it separates twigs, stones, and other non-leaf debris that is accidentally sucked up into the vacuum from the leaves themselves. Consequently, nylon and plastic impellers rarely can withstand this type of abuse for long; however, when an impeller is crafted from metal, it becomes almost impervious to damage.
THANKS FOR READING
From the power cord lock to the inclusion of multiple nozzles, it is clear that much thought and care has been put into the design and execution of the Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum. It is simple to both store and use, is readily capable of moving large volumes of leaves and can shred leaves into a fine mulch.
Far too often, combination power tools attempt to do too much and end up not being able to do anything well at all. Toro proves that it is possible to do all three things quite well.