Toro is the number one rated company for lawn equipment, including lawn mowers, trimmers, and blower vacuums, and the Toro 51619 Blower Vac is no exception. It provides 3 tubes for multiple individual uses - a power insert, which moves the debris into wind-rows while it creates piles, a concentrator, which moves the debris out of edging and cracks, and gets those especially stubborn leaves, and the main tube, which moves all the debris away from the house, pathways, shrubs, etc.
The metal impeller blades hold up significantly better than the plastic impellers that most competitors use. A variable speed knob permits an infinite quantity of options. Select a low speed to clear off any hard surfaces quickly, and to clean tight areas that wouldn't stand up to this blower's high-speed functions. It has a quick release latch that permits conversion of the blower into a vacuum in mere seconds, without the use of tools.
- Very small and takes up almost no space in the garage
- Hurricane powerful - Cleans the garage in two minutes flat
- Takes only a few seconds to assemble - Just clip the nozzle onto the motor, and you're fit to go
- Very inexpensive
- Needs a more secure method of attaching the extension cord to blower
- Works well as a blower, but is terrible as a mulcher
- The bag has design flaws - It needs reinforced corners and a better closure or zipper system
- Variable power switch eventually failed to shut off during use - It would also start up by itself when it was jostled
- Measures 14" x 41" x 9", and weighs 8 1/2 pounds
- Brand new bigger metal impeller provides improved mulching
- Blower has power up to 250 MPH air-speed, leaf shredder, and high-speed vacuum
- Includes bottom dump zipper bag, vacuum tube, concentrator nozzle, built-in cord lock, power insert & cord storage hook - Extension cord isn't included
- Variable speed control allows better control in vac mode and blower mode
- Quick release latch permits conversion from vacuum into blower in seconds without needing tools
- Has a 2-year full warranty
- Easy storage - Just put all components inside the vacuum bag and hang on the wall with cord storage hook
The Toro Ultra 51619 Blower / Vac contains all the versatility and power you need to attack all yard clean-up chores. This machine has a variable-speed air control and a hardy metal impeller, as well as blower inserts that can handle multiple applications. The highest speed available is Plus, and the lowest speed is Minus. This powerful blower vacuum has a 250 MPH air stream that quickly clears sticks, debris, and large, bulky leaves, a variable speed control, and an air volume (in vac mode) of 410 cfm.
The Toro Ultra converts in an instant to a very aggressive vacuum without the use of any tools and manages to reduce 88% of mulched debris into pieces less than 1/2 an inch (debris reduction can vary according to material type and condition). It has a 12 amp motor (120 volts), a power insert, and a concentrator. There's not a more powerful electric vac/blower on the market today.
This product is very useful for drying a car. It might take a bit longer than drying with a towel, but it is much safer for the finish of the vehicle. Only air touches any drying paint. It's also very useful for removing water from the small crevices around door frames and tail lights. It safely dries under the hood, along the weatherstrip, inside wheel wells, and along disc brakes. The Toro Ultra is light and easily maneuverable but has excellent air output.
- New larger metal impeller drives power and improved mulching
- Powerful up to 250 mph degree
- Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, power insert, concentrator nozzle and cord storage hook included;...
- Variable speed control for better control in both blower and vac mode
Remember that airspeed definitely dries a car faster, but hurricane-like speeds may lift decals, separate your rear-view mirror glass, and tear off your wiper blades. Practically the only downside to blow drying is the noise it makes. Wear some overear hearing protection while drying if you're sensitive to noise.
THANKS FOR READING
Eighty-nine percent of online reviewers were either extremely or highly satisfied with this product and would purchase it again. They use it for many purposes, including blowing sand and dog hair off the balcony, and blowing up inflatable boats! Seven percent of reviewers were marginally satisfied with this product. They liked the power unit and metallic blades but were unhappy with the bag strap, and its performance as a vacuum. Only 4% of online reviewers were completely dissatisfied with this product. They found it awkward to hold when they used it as a mulcher, extremely loud, and much heavier than they expected it would be.