Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter - In every season there's a list of materials that you'll want to spread around your property. This list includes seeds, fertilizer, rock salt, and ice melt, to name just a few. You will need a well-made reliable spreader - one that won't balk at the opportunity to provide you with a first class, even, distribution of materials. If your spreader can't regulate its spread rate properly, the end result will be a lawn with product clumps in some places, and patchy, spotty areas in other places.
Never fear! Call Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Broadcast Spreader to the rescue. This mini push broadcast spreader has been especially designed to spread your materials in an arc, providing you with a fast and even spread. This equipment has been created with large lawns in mind, as well as for people who don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of time spreading product.
Read on to discover why Scotts Turf Builder Mini Broadcast Spreader has become the favorite choice of many customers. Sit back and relax - we'll do all the research, read the reviews, and point out all the pros and cons of this machine, so that you can make an informed choice.
- Only needs one refill stop to cover 1/3 acre
- Wastes less material with a more controllable spread
- Handle folds down for storage
- Seed drip is very easily adjusted
- Good for the inexpensive price
- Much easier to use than a hand spreader
- Controls are simple to use and function much better than any hand-held spreader
- My nine year old son used it to seed the whole yard with only a small amount of instruction
- Worked well for spreading lawn insect killer
- Came totally assembled - All I did was fill her up and go
- Even though this spreader is lightweight it doesn't appear to be wobbly
- Occasionally the trap door sticks when dealing with snow and salt
- Has a limited wheelbase (12 inches) which makes it awkward to use on rough ground
- Plastic is too lightweight and the wheels are flimsy and thin
- Too short and not adjustable for a 6 foot tall person
- Plastic spindle that turns the spreader paddle snapped with a minimum of pressure
- Not good for spreading ice melt - The plastic wheels slid and the spreader wouldn't turn
- Doesn't have a lever lock for the material supply door
The Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Broadcast Spreader is Scott's smallest walk behind spreader. It weighs only 15 pounds and measures 45.25 x 20 x 16 inches. But don't let its small size fool you! This spreader can hold approximately 5,000 square feet of any Scotts Lawn-Care product. The EdgeGuard permits you to keep fertilizer off driveways, landscaping, sidewalks, and waterways. With the edge guard on it casts approximately 2 feet wide; without the edge guard it can cast 3-4 feet wide. There's no assembly required and it will arrive pre-calibrated and ready to use.
This spreader ensures accurate coverage when you use its precision rate-settings control-panel. Once its engaged, it will easily block off the right side of the spreader pattern to stop any product spreading onto any non-lawn areas. It features 9 inch diameter wheels, and has an adjuster for choosing the amount of layer you're looking to put down, It also has a side blocker that can be switched to one side or the other. Other great features are a rustproof agitator and a rustproof hopper.
This spreader works well with multiple brands of insect seed, plain seed, salt, and fire ant and other brand insect pellets. It is rated high among salt spreaders and de-icers. The spinning mechanism works well when spreading hardened pieces of fertilizer, but huge chunks should not be used. The edge guard is removable, but it shouldn't be necessary to do so, since it doesn't impede fertilizer distribution when it is on.
- Features Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard Technology
- Designed to ensure superior results when used with Scotts lawn food
- Holds up to 5,000 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn products
- Calibrated and ready to use
Keep in mind that this is a plastic product and should not be expected to wear like metal. It should be thoroughly cleaned out after each use to avoid chemical corrosion.
THANKS FOR READING
The Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Broadcast Spreader garnered about 60% approval ratings online. Twenty percent of users rated this product average, or slightly above average, and approximately 20% were greatly dissatisfied with this product. Much of the dissatisfaction centered around the flimsy quality of the plastic, but it should be kept in mind that this is a very inexpensive product. The 60% of users who gave it the highest rating were very pleased with its consistent performance, its lightweight, its even distribution of a wide variety of materials, and its easy handling and storage.