The chances are, if any of your lawn care implements have ever needed a new mower blade or saw chain, then you’ve come across the Oregon brand before. Initially founded in the early 1940s, the brand has been manufacturing accessories and replacement components for more than 70 years. Only recently has Oregon made its foray into the world of power tools with its namesake line. The popularity of these tools has led the company to become a household name.
What makes Oregon tools different than those of their competitors is that, instead of competing to produce bargain priced tools, they are seeking to create tools that meet and surpass the performance of electric and gas powered tools.
The Oregon Cordless PS250-A6 Pole Saw is the most recent addition to their product line. If your property has an overabundance of dense brush or overhanging branches that are in desperate need of trimming, this pole saw is one item you must add to your lawn care arsenal.
Because of their warranties, power, durability, and superior overall performance, Oregon power tools are not cheap, but they are among the most efficient and powerful cordless products on the market today.
- Fully extended, this pole saw has a maximum reach of 15 feet.
- It has an automatic oiler with a convenient oil level indicator window, so you can easily see when the oil levels are getting low.
- The battery life is excellent.
- Compared to other comparable models, this one is expensive.
- The cutting chain has a tendency to jump.
- The 40 volt, lithium-ion battery enables this pole saw to make up to 500 cuts of wood 2 to 3 inches in diameter before it must be recharged.
- Its patented planetary gear reduction system ensures a proficient and stable transfer of power while it is in use.
- The cast aluminum branch removal hook and the 8-foot bar provide for an increased line of site when cutting and improved cutting agility.
- The small size of the mid-mount motor makes short work of hard to reach nooks and crannies.
The Oregon Cordless PS250-A6 Pole Saw offers a rare combination of attractive looks and superior performance. Boasting an eye-catching red and black color scheme, it is equipped with a unique set of features that you won’t find on other models.
When fully assembled, including the battery pack, this model only weighs 13.4 pounds, which makes it both portable and comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Fully extended, it has a maximum reach of 15 feet. The adjustable shaft is crafted from superior fiberglass, which has created a pole that is both durable and bendable. Should you find yourself in a tight spot, you won’t have to worry about it breaking. The shaft can be extended anywhere between 7.3 feet and 10.4 feet.
One particularly unique feature is of this pole saw is the fact that its motor is mounted mid-shaft. This design enables it to distribute the unit's weight evenly, and it provides an ideal balance when the pole saw is being held at an angle or upright.
What drives the motor of the Oregon Cordless PS250-A6 Pole Saw is a 4.0A, 40 volt, lithium ion battery. It can handle branches up to 3 inches in diameter with ease. Users have praised the longevity of the battery’s life. According to the manufacturer, the power of the battery will enable the pole saw to make up to 500 cuts on branches 2 to 3” in diameter. For most residential homeowners, this will be more than sufficient.
Built into the model is an excellent anti-vibration mechanism. The fiberglass used in the construction of the shaft is excellent at absorbing shock, which delivers a smooth user experience.
The primary complaint against this Oregon Cordless Pole Saw has been its price. Compared to other comparable models, it is expensive; however, the configuration you purchase will affect its price. This model can be purchased with 1) no battery pack included, 2) with a 2.4Ah battery pack, 3) with a 4.0Ah battery pack, 4) or with a 6.0Ah battery pack.
- 40V MAX Lithium Ion Power for up to 500 cuts on 2-3" branches
- Premium cell technology with constant no-fade power.Instant Start - Freedom from cords, No gas-oil...
- Mid-mount motor design for better tool balance and a reduced elevated weight.Ergonomically...
- Planetary gear reduction system produces a proficient transfer of power.Compact Cutting Head - 8"...
A small percentage of users have had an issue with the cutting chain randomly jumping while in use, but these complaints have been few and far between.
THANKS FOR READING
Although pricey, the Oregon Cordless PS250-A6 Pole Saw boasts a superior design and excellent performance. It is also backed by a two-year limited warranty from the manufacturer. If you are looking for a solid pole saw that will provide you with many years of reliable service, this is the model you want to invest in.