In the past, ATVs have primarily been used for pleasurable purposes; however, they are much more versatile than they may initially appear. If you own a significant amount of property, they can be an invaluable tool for making short work of lawn care. Your first step is to invest in an ATV sprayer; however, you shouldn’t choose just any old sprayer. It’s worth doing your homework to find the perfect sprayer that will provide you with many years of service. Reading product reviews is an excellent first step.
Although a relatively new entry into the ATV sprayer market, the NorthStar ATV Broadcast, and Spot Sprayer has quickly made a name for itself. At the time of this writing, 71% of reviewers have awarded it a five-star rating, while another 22% have given it a four-star rating. From its open flow, on demand pump to its 100% continuous duty rating, it is clear that much thought has been put into the design and execution of this model.
Read on to find out more about what the NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer has to offer!
- Clearly written instructions make assembling and mounting this ATV sprayer simple.
- When it runs out of liquid, the sprayer’s pump will automatically turn itself off.
- The included cables are long enough to hook to an ATV’s battery even when the sprayer is mounted on the rear of the ATV.
- A few reviewers have felt that the straps that are included with the sprayer mount are not secure enough and subsequently replaced them with ratchet straps.
- NorthStar’s warranty only covers parts that are manufactured by NorthStar.
- The on demand, open flow NorthStar NSQ Series pump offers a longer lifespan and faster priming.
- Its design features a Honeywell Micro Switch for improved efficiency and durability.
- Viton valves and a Santoprene diaphragm provide unsurpassed reliability and superior chemical resistance.
- NorthStar offers a two-year limited warranty on models that are used for non-commercial purposes.
Although it is designed for non-commercial use, the NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is an excellent choice for homeowners who have large scale lawn and garden applications. This model has a 2.2 gallons per minute (GPM) flow rate and a maximum pressure of 70 PSI. The tank can hold up to 26 gallons of product, and users can choose from either stream or cone spray patterns. The nozzle on the end of the wand allows the user to adjust it from a narrow stream to wide mist easily. With these stats, you can rest assured that of a quick product flow, which will ensure that you can finish your job within no time.
The quality performance of this broadcast and spot sprayer is what makes it stand out from among its competition. It is one of the only ATV sprayers on the market to have achieved a 100% continuous duty rating. Of course, quality performance is only achieved by using quality components, and the inclusion of a Honeywell Micro Switch, Viton valves, and a Santoprene diaphragm speak to how carefully NorthStar has selected the parts used in the construction of this sprayer. Another unique feature that has won praise from reviewers is the inclusion of a unique pressure switch that is designed to slowly cycle the pump, which reduces the amount of wear and tear placed on the pump.
Durability and performance are of the utmost importance to NorthStar. For example, the interior of the distribution tank of this sprayer is crafted from a unique polymer to ensure its longevity. The polymer is treated to be both UV and chemical resistant. Not only does this protect the tank itself, but it also protects the product that is being distributed.
Each NorthStar Spot Sprayer is backed by a limited warranty, 2-year warranty from the manufacturer. Although the warranty is significantly longer than manufacturer warranties for other comparable models, a few buyers have disliked the restrictions of the warranty. The two-year period is only applicable is the unit is being used in a non-commercial setting. If the sprayer is used for commercial applications, then the warranty period only extends to 90 days.
- 12V 2.2 GPM open flow NorthStar NSQ Series on-demand pump provides faster priming and longer life;...
- 100% continuous duty rating
- Honeywell MICRO SWITCH for enhanced durability and efficiency
- Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves have superior reliability and chemical resistance
THANKS FOR READING
There are many qualities about the NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer that make it an attractive buy. With solid customer reviews and an extended warranty from the manufacturer, it makes a safe investment for any homeowner or lawn care enthusiast. If you’ve owned or used this model before, drop us a line in the comments section below and let us know what your thoughts are!