Makita BHX2500CA MM4 Leaf Blower Review
Unlike many blowers on the market which only have a simple 2-stroke gasoline engine, the Makita BHX2500CA is equipped with a 24.5 cc, 4-stroke commercial duty motor that does not disappoint.
The motor efficiently generates an impressive 1.1 horsepower.
It can pump 356 cubic feet of air at speeds up of to 145 mph so you can rest assured that whatever leaves or debris you are moving will quickly fly out of the machine’s way. The hurricane-force air speeds lift up even matted and stuck leaves from a flat surface.
The CFM of this machine is impressive for a handheld blower and is comparable to that of expensive backpack blowers.
The Makita BHX2500CA has an impressive 17.7 oz fuel tank and a 2.7 crankcase for oil.
You don't have to worry about pausing your job to refuel frequently because the combination of fuel efficiency mixed with the large fuel tank means you can operate for an extended time without needing a refuel break.
The reliable and easy mechanical automatic engine decompression lets you start this blower up quickly.
With the dual stage air filter, the engine runs very clean. The air filter also lasts longer than most other models air filters.
Ultimately, the clean-burning features and the innovative air filter system means you will be saving money on maintenance. The blower’s operation is not only efficient but clean.
- The emissions of the Makita BHX2500CA are extremely low compared to a 2-stroke motor. The emissions meet or exceed EPA and CARB standards for exhaust and evaporative emissions. You can rest easy knowing you have purchased an Earth-friendly product that is not harmful to the environment.
- The handle of the machine has an ergonomic shape for secure gripping and to relieve stress on your hand, arm, and shoulders.
- The 4-stroke engine requires no fuel mixing, unlike the common 2-stroke motors found in most blowers.
- Easy access spark plug so you can perform your own maintenance when required.
- Comes with an extension pipe, round end, and toolkit to meet or exceed all of your blowing needs.
- Translucent fuel tank allows you to see effortlessly see how much gas you have available. The fuel tank's oversized opening makes refueling a breeze.
- Features a 1 year warranty with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee which exceeds many brands.
When using the Makita BHX2500CA, 24.5 cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Blower great care should be taken with the choke handle. Some users have inadvertently broken the handle through extended use and had to replace the part.
Another problem experienced by a few owners is that the unit will not start after sitting for an extended period, such as through the winter or summer months. Such firing problems often occur when ethanol gas is left in the blower for an extended period.
If you plan on storing the machine, you must either empty the gas from the tank, use only ethanol free gas, or add a gas stabilizer, but you should probably be doing that regardless.
THANKS FOR READING
The Makita BHX2500CA MM4 leaf blower's quick start, fuel-efficiency, quiet operation, and lightweight design all make this unit an excellent choice for anyone looking for a new or replacement blower.
Makita has been providing quality products for decades. They stand behind their machinery by offering a one-year warranty and a 30-day customer service guarantee on all their items.