Jonathan Green Heavy Traffic grass seed contains a hearty mixture of perennial ryegrass and tall fescue, which, when combined, offer superb erosion and abrasion resistance and quick cover. This hardy mixture is tailor made for grassy areas that receive hard, constant wear - for instance where children or pets frequently play. It is also highly recommended because of its natural insect resistance. A seven pound bag of these superior seeds will cover an area of 2,800 square feet.
Perennial ryegrass blends have a long history of excellence when used for residential lawns, athletic fields, and golf courses. Its hardiness and natural pest resistant qualities are much appreciated, as are its dark green color, quick sprouting history, and extreme hardiness. Perennial ryegrass that is planted on freshly seeded lawns can act like an erosion barrier.
Tall fescue is a bunch-type perennial grass that will grow quickly during the fall or spring. The new improved types boast a fine texture and improved insect and disease resistance. It is especially recommended for shaded areas and home, school, or park lawns with high traffic areas. It will grow either in sun or partial shade, as well as beneath trees that tend to shed leaves in wintertime. Blended with perennial ryegrass will result in grass that will attain a mowing height of 2 1/2 to 3 inches.
Lawns with this type of ryegrass and tall fescue blend will produce an easily maintained dark green lawn. When watered regularly, it will perpetuate a steady growing cycle. One advantage of its deep roots is that it prevents any water loss because of evaporation. The lawn's beautiful color and texture can be retained with minimal maintenance, saving manpower and the time required for its care.
This product is highly recommended for dog owners, especially multiple large dog owners. Customers report that this grass seed mix succeeded in regrowing a deep green thick lawn in areas where many other seed products have failed. They also stress that the climate must be adequate, and the instructions for growing should be followed carefully.
Please continue reading to discover why Jonathan Green and Sons Heavy Traffic Grass Seed outsells other grass seed in its category in the United States.
- This mix is deep rooted and very resilient. It withstands heavy foot traffic plus the weight from lawn tractors, garden tractors, and ATVs
- Easily maintainable lawn is a great choice for golf courses, playgrounds, and any location where kids and pets play on a regular basis
- Blends in easily with other grass varieties to create full, thick lawns that are uniform in color
- Naturally insect resistant
- Grows quickly and thickly, and occasionally needs to be cut twice a week
- This seed mix is not as tolerant to cold weather as some other blends. Because it has a very deep root bed, it will take a longer time to re-acclimate to warmer weather and get green again after a harsh, cold winter
- Must be planted in early spring before it gets too hot, since it can get scorched
- Some customers reported problems with germination
Jonathan Green and Sons Heavy Traffic Grass Seed is a very robust seed mixture when sown in ground that has been properly watered, fertilized, and prepared. However, many customers report that they have had success with this grass seed mixture in sandy soil and hard packed soil. The thick grass that is produced can be perfect for areas where large spot coverage is needed. It grows well in sun as well as in low to medium shade. There are reports stating that this grass seed mix has done well in mostly shaded areas, areas that host three or more dogs on a daily basis, and yards that have recently been disrupted by extensive construction work.
- Heavy traffic fescue grass seed mix
- Heavy traffic mixture is a hardy mixture of grasses for tough areas with hard wear
- Turf type tall fescues and perennial ryegrass
- Helps in water uptake; save on labor and storage space
One of the outstanding features of this heavy traffic grass seed is that it easily grows in areas of heavy dog urination. Dogs will not be impressed when their favorite yellow patches turn green once again! In addition, satisfied customers also reported that the germination time of their lawn was significantly quicker than the 10-14 days of germination time it says on the container.
THANKS FOR READING
At the time this review was written, 3.9 out of 5 stars (86%!) were awarded to Jonathan Green and Sons Heavy Traffic Grass Seed. Users reported having their expectations exceeded by this product. A much smaller proportion of customers did not have success with this product. The seeds either didn't grow at all, or grew only in scattered patches.
Notwithstanding the few minor complaints, those customers who have used Jonathan Green and Sons Heavy Traffic Grass Seed are well pleased with the results they got, and will purchase this product again in the future.