The Husqvarna 460 Rancher Gas Powered Chainsaw offers a myriad of highlights to choose from, but one of the most lauded is its unique fuel-saving system, which is aptly named the X-Torq. The X-Torq significantly the volume of emissions gas in accordance with the regulations set forth by CARB. Although the design of the 460 Rancher initially seems complicated, getting the hang of using it is not that difficult.
Although reviewers have noted that the Husqvarna 460 is noisy while in operation, it produces a relatively minimal amount of vibration – an important component. Too much vibration reduces the cleanliness and accuracy of the cuts that a chainsaw makes. Furthermore, it increases user-fatigue. The design of this gas-powered chainsaw is imbued with Husqvarna’s patented LowVib technology, which minimizes these pitfalls and makes it easier to wield.
With any power tool, air filters are an essential part of any power tool’s design; however, they have a tendency to become clogged. When an air filter becomes clogged, it must be cleaned, or else it will reduce the chainsaw’s output and place additional strain on the motor. To minimize the frustration that comes along with dismantling and clean an air filter, Husqvarna has included a centrifugal air cleaning system in this model’s design. The centrifugal force is used to eliminate larger debris. By reducing the air filter’s ability to become clogged, the lifespan of the chainsaw is improved.
Husqvarna has placed a premium on safety when redesigning this consumer favorite. At the top of the list is ensuring that this chainsaw has low kickback. The chain is inertia activated, and this design reduces the possibility of a kickback related injury occurring. This, combined with choke control, nearly eliminates the risk that the engine might flood.
It also makes the process of starting the chainsaw much simpler. Husqvarna’s SmartStart technology makes it effortless and quick to start – even when the chainsaw is being used in inclement weather conditions.
Other highlights of this chainsaw that are worth mentioning include:
- Front Handle Ergonomics – The 7-degree offset of the handle and its cushioned hand grips reduces user fatigue.
- Felling Marks – These distinct marks were included for the purpose of offering better felling precision.
- Adjustable Air Filter – Its design enables the user to adjust the flow of the oil depending on the weather conditions and the user application.
- The Warranty – Husqvarna offers a 2 year warranty on each 460 Rancher they sell with the option to extend the warranty from 2 years to 4 years.
The primary downside to this particular model is that the user manual could have been written more clearly. Reviewers have noted that it is not easy for brand new beginners to follow. New users could potentially run into issues with assembly or maintenance issues. However, additional documentation in the form of user-written reviews and YouTube tutorials are available online.
For inexperienced users, maintenance has the potential to become an issue. The Husqvarna’s 460 oil tank is conveniently positioned, and it can easily be serviced without the use of tools; however, other components are delicate and must be carefully handled. Additional caution must be exercised when handling mechanical parts.
- X-TORQ - Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in accordance with the...
- SMART START - The engine and starter have been designed so the machine starts quickly with minimum...
- AIR INJECTION - Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dust and debris particles before...
- ADJUSTABLE OIL PUMP - Allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions
THANKS FOR READING
There are many things about the Husqvarna 460 Rancher 20 Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw to love. Because Husqvarna makes it, buyers can confidently know it is the real deal. If the manufacturer name is not enough to convince consumers, the sheer power of the 60.3cc, 3.62 horsepower could be a deciding factor. It can deliver impressive performance on both small and large applications. The innovative fuel-efficient design meets strict environmental standards and will please the most eco-friendly buyer.