Yard owners around the globe celebrated when leaf blowers were invented. The man responsible for the invention of the leaf blower in the late 50s is Dom Quinto, who originally created it as a component for a horticultural chemical sprayer. Soon afterward its manufacturer found out that many of their clients were taking off the part of the machine that dispensed chemicals and were using just the blower. This convinced manufacturers to invent a simple garden and lawn maintenance tool. Sales skyrocketed, and in 1990, in the US alone, more than 800,000 leaf blowers were sold.
Enter the Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower to the scene. This leaf blower, geared both to professional landscapers and homeowners, has a fast starting purge primer, a sizable 2-finger throttle, and a PureFire engine that keeps emissions low. This blower uses two-cycle 40:1 TruFuel Pre-Blended Fuel which has a clean burn and is guaranteed to be the correct mix for your equipment. The use of TruFuel extends the life of your equipment, provides smoother idling without plug fouling or smoke, and has an increased trigger response.
- Very little assembly required - Just put some two-cycle gas into it and attach blower tube
- Can be used for other tasks like blowing sawdust off a compound miter-saw, drying your vehicle after washing it, blowing dog hair off outdoor seating, blowing grass clippings and dust off lawn mowers, and cleaning up after mowing!
- Starts quickly with only one or two pulls
- Powerful blower moves leaves and even gravel up to 20 feet away
- Exhaust gas contains nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, other particulates, and hydrocarbons
- Once this equipment has had gas inside it, it can't be shipped by mail and has to be returned to an authorized dealer
- Fuel line constructed of very cheap plastic
- Air volume of 441 CFM (Cubic Ft. per Minute) - This means that each minute 441 cubic ft. of air mass pushes through the nozzle end
- Taper nozzle produces air velocity of approximately 170 MPH (Miles per Hour)
- Has a commercial grade 23.9 cc 2-stroke engine (low emission PureFire technology)
- Weighs only 8.6 pounds and is well balanced for less fatigue and more comfortable use
- Has the leading warranty in the industry: one-year rental use, two-year commercial use, and a full seven-year warranty for consumer use
- Has a 300-hour EDR, the highest useful life rating certified by the EPA
- Two-finger large throttle lever
- Auto return stop switch
The Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower makes quick work out of the biggest cleanup tasks. It's high air velocity, tapered nozzle, and air volume capacity makes it a perfect choice for large jobs - like Fall leaf removal - and quick tasks - like removing all those stray grass clippings. This blower is lightweight (just 8.6 lbs.) and simple to maneuver, plus it has a big 2-finger throttle lever which makes operating it a snap. Its 1.13 horsepower engine boasts two-stroke low-emission PureFire technology, so it's fewer fumes translate into less environmental impact and safer operation. The special auto-return stop switch keeps this blower always in the On position. Also, this model is CARB Tier III-compliant and can be used in California.
- Class leading air volume at 441 CFM for excellent debris movement
- Lightweight (only 8.6 lbs) & well-balanced for comfortable use and less fatigue
- 23.9 cc Commercial grade 2-stroke engine for outstanding power & longer life
- Industry leading warranty- 7-year consumer use, 2-year commercial use, 1-year rental use
This blower is quieter than other similar products (has a decibel rating of 68 and a low-vibration commercial engine), has a fuel capacity of .1375 gallons, makes little or no smoke, and can blow out tightly packed gutters with ease. It is constructed of sturdy plastic and has a comfortable grip, and is a great piece of equipment for debris and leaf removal of one-acre yards. Its trigger throttle allows you to adjust the wind speed of the blower to match the job at hand. It can move the majority of leaves on idle and needs a very short hit of gas to move larger debris and twigs.
THANKS FOR READING
The Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower has an astonishing approval rating of about 86% of online users. Customers liked its inexpensive price, its ability to start quickly in both hot or cold weather, and its capacity to move a substantial amount of air. Customers also praised its light weight, easy assemblage, strong blowing power, and its flawless operation. Users praised this equipment's ability to dry the car, pick up grass after lawn mowing, etc. Only 14% of reviewers found any issues with this product. Problems with this product included not being able to return faulty equipment by mail, occasions where this item completely locked up, and times when the leaf blower began to make loud terrible noises and ceased to function.