The newest entry to the blower/vac market is the GreenWorks 24322 G-MAX 40V Cordless Blower/Vac. It harnesses the power of a rechargeable, 40-volt lithium ion battery system, which eliminates the need to drag around a confining and cumbersome power cord. The unique design of the brushless motor was specifically created to extend the product’s lifespan, and its powerful max air speed of 185 miles per hour (mph) is more than adequate to get most jobs done.
For homeowners who love tools, the GreenWorks system offers a dozen different tools that all use the same G-MAX battery system, and the batteries are interchangeable with one another.
GreenWorks have striven to imbue this blower vac with the features and power required to make a total replacement for more traditional for corded and gas models. (Added bonus: it’s more eco-friendly!)
Read on to find out more about what the GreenWorks 24322 G-MAX 40V Cordless Blower/Vac has to offer!
- Because it weighs less than 6 pounds, this unit is easy to carry and maneuver.
- The option to use the battery with other GreenWorks tools is very attractive.
- The motor is powerful enough to handle both wet and dry leaves.
- More costly than most competitors
- Turbo mode tends to consume a significant amount of battery power.
- Although it has a max air speed of 185 mph, this model is equipped with a variable speed operation that enables you to select the right amount of power for the task at hand.
- Simple snap on/off design of the components makes it easy to switch functions.
- The battery has a built-in life indicator, so you don’t have to worry about the blower/vac abruptly shutting off.
- The oversized, wraparound grip handle reduces operator fatigue.
At the time of this writing, the GreenWorks 24322 G-MAX 40V Cordless Blower/Vac is the most lightweight leaf blower/vacuum model on the market. It weighs a mere 5.6lbs, and a homeowner would be hard-pressed to find a more compact model that offers the same amount of torque and power.
The GreenWorks 24322 is available in three different configurations:
- Just the unit with no battery or charger included
- The unit, plus a 4Ah, 40V battery and battery charger
- The unit, plus a 4Ah, 40V battery, a battery charger, and a string trimmer
Which option you choose will depend on what your specific budget is and what your needs are (I opted for option 2).
Although it is lightweight, GreenWorks does not sacrifice power for size. The brushless motor features a solid design, and it is powered by a rechargeable and long lasting 40 volt, G-MAX lithium-ion battery system. At maximum power, this model can produce maximum air speed of 185 mph and generate 340 cubic feet of air per minute. Unsurprisingly, it also offers 30% more torque than comparable models with the same specs. Although initially designed for residential use, this model has quickly become popular among professional landscapers and landscaping businesses.
When operating as a vacuum cleaner, this model can mulch large quantities of leaves and then store them in the bag. The bushel bag can hold the U.S. equivalent of 11.2 gallons of material. According to GreenWorks, a single 4.0 Ah battery charge should enable a user to collect up to 4.5 bags of leaves, and on the low power setting, the battery should operate for up to 60 minutes. On average, it does take the battery charger slightly under 2 hours to recharge the battery.
Switching between the vacuum and blower modes can be done easily – and without tools. However, it is important to ensure that the parts are fastened tightly. Before using it as a blower, it is imperative to make sure that the impeller cover is closed and latched. If it is not, then the unit will not work. Its power settings are variable and can be easily adjusted as needed. Reviewers have praised the fact that the owner/operator manual is easy to read and that it provides clear instructions on how to assemble and use the blower/vac.
Other features of the GreenWorks 24322 G-MAX 40V Cordless Blower/Vac that have won praise from users include its simple electric start switch, the oversized, padded wraparound operating handle, and it's 10:1 mulch ratio.
- Brushless motor provides your tool with longer run-time, more torque and more power. This leads to...
- Variable speed offers up to 185 mph to make clean up of major debris easy and efficient.No-Load...
- Blower/Vac capability provides a versatile use to get your yard work done without the need for...
- Powerful enough to handle wet and dry leaves
The primary complaints against the unit are its expensive price tag and the amount of power that the turbo mode consumes. Some reviewers have stated that, when used on turbo mode, the unit has operated less than 20 minutes before the battery needed to be recharged.
THANKS FOR READING
At the time of this writing, 71% of reviewers have rated the GreenWorks 24322 G-MAX 40V Cordless Blower/Vac four stars or higher. GreenWorks does offer a one year manufacturer’s warranty on the unit, with the option to purchase an extended warranty.
If you have the additional funds to drop on the features that this model has to offer, we would recommend doing so. All in all, most reviewers agreed that the high price tag was justified by the amount of power, ease of use, and the number of additional features this model had to offer.