GreenWorks Tools is a global organization with extensive manufacturing facilities holding over 1,000 proprietary patents. They are committed to reducing gasoline usage and harmful emissions that are bad for the environment by providing cordless and electric products. This company has gotten an Energy-Star approval rating from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Energy-Star battery chargers can reduce your energy usage by as much as 35% over traditional yard tools. They also have a zero-carbon-footprint, which translates into no more emissions, tune-ups, or maintenance.
The GreenWorks cordless pole saw, also known as a cordless pole pruner, must be operated in a safe area. For personal protection, it is highly recommended that the user wears protective equipment (especially eye protection). The battery pack should be stored away from any other metal objects that could cause a connection from 1 terminal to the other.
When pruning a tree, make sure that you know in which direction to branch may fall, the weight and length of branch that is being cut, and any unusual decay or heavy limb structure. Be aware of overhead lines, the direction and speed of the wind, and any possible entanglement with other branches. Never open the battery for any reason, and don't expose it to heat or water.
- Assembly takes less than five minutes
- Great for cutting mesquite, paloverde, acacia, ironwood, and pine
- Brushless type chainsaw is practically vibration free
- Die-cast electric motor mount appears weak
- Very small motor may not provide enough power
- Battery removal is difficult
- Easily adjustable chain tensioning system allows rapid chain tightening
- 40V G-MAX Lithium-ion battery system, which includes a 2Ah charger and battery, provides power to various tools for a complete yard system
- 8" bar & chain for straightforward branch trimming - Cuts through limbs and branches up to 6" in diameter
- Automatic oiler administers oil to chain and bar when necessary to ensure optimal use and durability - Includes translucent oil tank that provides an unobstructed view of oil level
- Three piece aluminum shaft may be extended up to 8 feet for maximum performance
- Gas alternative pole-saw - No pull-cords, gas, or maintenance required
- Two-year warranty
The GreenWorks 20672 40V G-MAX 8" Cordless Pole Saw (with 2Ah Battery and Charger included) features a gas alternative pole-saw, 8" bar and chain, and requires no gas, maintenance, or pull cords. It's 40 volt Lithium Max battery has an instant electric start, it's 32% lighter than comparable gas tools, and it provides 70% less vibration and noise. It has a 8 feet extendable shaft, an auto oiler which extends the chain life, and provides tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustment.
Charge times on the 40V G-MAX battery are 1 hour for the 2Ah battery and 2 hours for the 4Ah battery. A single charge is good for approximately 50 cuts (This number is based on a completely charged 2Ah 40V battery cutting 4" x 4" wood). A single G-MAX battery fits over 25 tools, making this the industry's biggest 40V system. This lithium-ion battery provides fade-free power and guarantees no memory loss post recharge.
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard system--includes 2Ah Battery...
- 8-Inch bar and chain for easy trimming of branches. Product weight: 8.360 pounds
- Easy adjust chain tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a...
The dimensions of this item are 7" x 107" x 7.5", and its total weight is 8.4 pounds. Both the bar and chain are constructed of high-quality steel. Pole sections fit together easily and are very sturdy with little flex. The saw is easy to control and well balanced, and cuts just as good as gas saws, without any of the hassles of two-engine cycles. A nice feature of this product is the ability to remove or add the middle extension to provide more cutting heights.
THANKS FOR READING
Eighty-seven percent of online reviewers were very pleased with this product and would purchase it again or recommend it to friends. They were very satisfied with its speed, cutting edge weight, balance, power, and ease of use. They found that this product cuts well, is easy to use and store, and has a good weight and size. Four percent of reviewers were moderately satisfied with this product. They stated that, despite a two-year warranty, that the batteries don't last long, and that company customer service is bad. Fully 9% of online reviewers disliked this product, and would not recommend its purchase. Reasons cited were that the cuts weren't smooth, the product leaks chain and bar oil everywhere, and after several uses, the blade frequently came out of the guide. Reviewers also noted that some instructions in the manual were incorrect.