Are you worn out from using a brush or hand rake to clear up yard leaves? The solution is - get a leaf blower! A good leaf blower will do the work quicker with much less effort. It can be used for other tasks as well, like cleaning pine needles out of a gutter, clearing grass clippings from the driveway, separating the leaves from ground-cover plants like pachysandra or vinca, and blowing dust out of the garage.
Battery powered blowers have a high degree of maneuverability and are perfect for small properties that have multiple trees, gutter cleaning, larger lawns with a few trees, or for blowing a light snowfall off the deck. Lithium-ion cordless blowers are the quietest blowers available. You'll appreciate the quiet - and so will your neighbors! The only downside with lithium-ion blowers is the short amount of battery run powers. They have a maximum of 20-25 minutes before having to be recharged.
Brushless motors are superior to standard motors. First of all, they self-adjust depending on the task at hand. The more push that's needed, the more power is drawn. Less power is required for lower variable speeds. Brushless motors don't have either the voltage drop or the friction of a standard motor, which increases its overall performance and useful life.
- Speed is continuously variable and can go from full speed to extremely soft
- Even though the battery is small, it has a high run-time
- Perfect for clearing debris and leaves off tile or concrete patios
- Had lots of power left over after 20 minutes of steady use on walkways, decks, garage, and porch
- Just a blower - Doesn't have any extra options or features
- Need a screwdriver to get to the internal release hatch
- On the expensive side
- Includes a 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion Battery 5.0Ah plus charger
- Variable speed lock and trigger
- 90 MPH air speed and 400 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) air volume
- Unique axial fan design which maximizes run time and air output
- Brushless motor increases durability and engine efficiency
- Runs 15 minutes at MAX speed
- Decibel level of 65 dB allows use in noise-restricted areas
- Ergonomically optimized comfort grip handle position and size with over mold for customer comfort
- Just squeeze the trigger to start
- Battery cage is protected by a blow molded foot
- Charger has a cold/hot delay feature - When the battery is hot a delay is started which suspends the charge until battery cools
- Super easy to whip out. do the job, and then put away
The DEWALT DCBL720P1 Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower weighs approximately 7.2 pounds, features an ergonomic design, and comes with a three-year limited warranty. This is an excellent light-duty leaf blower which runs quietly and has a variable speed trigger. It sports a battery cage and can run for approximately 15 minutes before it needs a charge. Dewalt recommends that users purchase an additional battery so run-time will be extended.
This leaf blower has proven useful for blowing pine needles and leaves from flat roofs and driveways. Its light weight makes onerous chores a thing of the past.
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- 400 CFM and 90 MPH performance
- Variable trigger and speed lock. Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes...
Users should always wear goggles or safety glasses, and dust or face mask. Never place blower or outlet near ears or eyes when in operation. Never operate the blower in an explosive or gaseous atmosphere. Motors in these machines often spark, and sparks could ignite fumes. Never use these electrical units in wet or damp locations, or when it is raining. Stay alert, use common sense, and don't operate unit if you're tired. Keep this product free of hair, lint, dust, and anything else that might reduce its air flow. Keep children and animals at least 30 feet away when operating this equipment. Use only as described in the instruction manual.
THANKS FOR READING
Eighty-six percent of online reviewers loved this Dewalt product and felt that it gave good value and performance for the price. They like the instant-on trigger, the turbo buttons, and its ability to blow sawdust gently in a workshop without knocking over any projects. Six percent of customers rated this lithium-ion blower only average. Eight percent of reviewers loved the light weight but found the power of this machine inadequate. They cited inconsistent battery charge and lower power as the primary reason for giving this product a low rating. Discontented reviewers also recommended that people should purchase a gas blower instead of a battery powered blower.