DEWALT DCBL590X1 40V Max Lithium Ion Backpack Blower Review
DeWalt is an American based subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker. In the world of hand tools and power tools, their name has become synonymous with quality, and their tools are widely used in the woodworking, construction, and manufacturing industries. Their newest product, the DeWalt DCBL590X1 40V Max Lithium Ion Backpack Blower, is the latest addition to an already crowded market, but it is already setting the bar for design, performance, and run time higher than we’ve ever seen before.
Marketed towards professional users, it can be used by any person who requires a superior performance and a surplus of power. The DeWalt DCBL590X1 can reach a max air volume of 450 CFM and an impressive max air speed of 142 mph. This blower is available in three configurations. It can be purchased without a battery, with a single 7.5Ah lithium ion battery, or with two 7.5Ah batteries.
Each configuration has a different price point. Under standard conditions, each battery will provide 20 minutes of run time, but the battery life can be extended significantly by not running the blower at full speed.
Read on to find out more about this backpack blower!
- Because it operates from powerful lithium ion batteries, there are is no mixing of oil and gas to contend with.
- The handle features a speed lock and full variable speed trigger that is activated and deactivated with the single push of a button.
- A locking switch can deliver constant power without having to pull the trigger.
- The backpack itself is comfortable to wear and easily adjustable.
- This model has a high price tag.
- It has a total weight of just over 31 pounds, making it one of the heaviest backpack blowers currently on the market.
- This backpack leaf blower is a member of the 40V Max system of tools.
- The brushless motor is powered by a 40V 7.5Ah lithium ion battery, which will provide 20 minutes of continuous run time.
- Because this leaf blow has a noise output of 63 dBA, it can be used in noise restricted areas without disturbing others.
- DeWalt offers a three year, limited manufacturer’s warranty for this item.
- An ergonomic joystick controls the blower, and a battery switch on the joystick allows the user to control which battery is being used or to lock the blower while it is being transported.
- The backpack itself is padded and easily adjustable for maximum comfort.
The DeWalt DCBL590X1 40V Max Lithium Ion Backpack Blower is the newest generation of battery powered, backpack style leaf blowers, and it has a lot to offer. This model is powered by a 40V 7.5Ah lithium ion battery, and it has a brushless motor. It can reach a max air speed of 142 mph, and with a max air volume of 450 CFM, it is more than capable of moving heavy debris. This leaf blower can also be used with a second lithium ion battery (sold separately) to provide additional power and extend the run time if needed.
A considerable amount of thought went into the design and execution of this blower’s control handle. The handle itself has a battery switch that allows the user to decide which battery (if you are using more than one) power should be drawn from, and the same switch can be used to lock the blower down while it is in storage or being transported. Also located on the handle is a full variable speed trigger and a convenient speed lock. The speed lock, which is activated and deactivated with the single touch of a button, can be used to “lock” a speed into place while the blower is running, so the user does not have to continually fiddle with the speed trigger.
The DeWalt DCBL590X1 was designed to withstand heavy daily usage. Even with all of the power it provides, it has a relatively quiet noise output of 63 dBA, which means that it can be used in apartment complexes, around schools, and in other noise restricted locations.
- Part of the 40V MAX system of tools
- Brushless motor with a 40V 7.5Ah battery
- Full variable speed trigger with a speed lock
- Second battery well for additional battery and extended runtime
This backpack leaf blower has enjoyed resoundingly positive reviews from users. It has been praised for its power, performance, and quality. Although primarily marketed towards professionals, plenty of homeowners with large yards and acreage have taken advantage of what it has to offer. The primary complaint against this model is that it is heavy. The backpack itself weighs over 27 pounds, and each lithium ion battery weighs an additional four pounds.
THANKS FOR READING
Whether you work on a professional lawn crew or are a homeowner, the DeWalt DCBL590X1 40V Max Lithium Ion Backpack Blower is more than up to any task you can throw at it. What makes the choice especially compelling is that the high initial cost will quickly be offset by what you save in gas and oil costs. Plus, it is a healthier choice for the environment. On the off chance that something should go wrong with your new DeWalt, you can rest assured that it will be covered by the manufacturer’s three year warranty.