Brinly BS36BH Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader 175-Pound Review
Does the sight of a lush, well-tended lawn bring you satisfaction? If you love gardening, then it is worth investing in high quality tools for yourself and your home. With new innovations hitting the market all the time, it can be difficult to decide which tools and accessories you should purchase. While not a new invention, a seed spreader is one of the most versatile and useful tools you can buy. When used correctly, broadcast spreaders are one of the most efficient methods of distributing fertilizer, grass seed, weed killers, and other products you need to get the lawn you’ve been dreaming of.
The Brinly BS36BH Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader is an excellent example of all that a seed spreader should offer. It has an extra-large capacity and can carry up to 175 pounds of product. This capacity enables you to seed or fertilize up to one acre without having to reload it. To guarantee even distribution and an even spread pattern, Brinly has equipped this model with unique directional spread pattern control. It also features a universal tow hitch that will work with most modern tractors, so you don’t have to do the hard work yourself.
Read on to find out more of what the Brinly BS36BH Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader has to offer!
- Stainless steel hardware and a fully enclosed gearbox extend the life of this spreader by protecting it from corrosion and eliminating downtime.
- The 175lb capacity hopper can hold enough material to seed an acre of land before it needs to be reloaded.
- Each Brinly spreader is made in America.
- This model may have difficulty adequately spreading fine grained products.
- The control lever will not stay in place.
- The Brinly BS36BH is made from rust proof, durable polyethylene, so it is capable of withstanding corrosive materials.
- The spreader’s calibration controls are within easy reach of the tractor’s driver.
- The patented Brinly AutoFlow feature automatically stops the spreader from releasing material once your tractor has stopped, which eliminates unnecessary waste.
- This unit features a universal tow behind hitch that will work with most modern tractors.
- In addition to seed and fertilizer, this unit can also be used to spread salt during the winter months.
- The Directional Spread Pattern Control guarantees an even spread pattern.
The Brinly BS36BH Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader is designed to be used for light commercial applications and for homeowners with acreage. Its generously sized hopper capacity, weighing in at an impressive 175 pounds, is capable of seeding or fertilizing up to one acre of land with each load. This Brinly model can be used year-round. It can be used to distribute seed, fertilizer, sand, lawn chemicals, and even salt during the winter. Each one of these models is made in the United States, and Brinly is strict about enforcing excellent quality control.
Unlike other comparable spreaders, the Brinly BS36BH is made from a rust proof material called polyethylene. While a handful of reviewers have decried this choice as being “cheap”, Brinly specifically chose this material for a reason. The polyethylene can withstand the most corrosive of fertilizers, season after season, so users can expect to use this tow behind spreader for many years to come. Also contributing to the long lifespan of this spreader are its fully enclosed gearbox and stainless steel hardware.
One particularly unique feature about this spreader are its glass filled nylon gears. The gears feature a 6 to 1 ratio, which is one of the widest spread patterns available on the market today. The model’s Patented Directional Spread Control Pattern automatically compensates for different granular weights (e.g. fertilizer vs. seed), and because it centers the distribution pattern, users are guaranteed an even spread. The built in Brinly AutoFlow will stop the spreader from distributing product when the tractor is stopped, which eliminates waste and spillage.
User reviews for the Brinly BS36BH Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader have, by and large, been quite positive. Users have praised the quality of its construction, its straightforward operation, and its ergonomic design. Many buyers have liked the 13” pneumatic tires that the design features, while others have expressed appreciation for the easy assembly instructions and well-marked hardware.
- Extra-large 175 pound capacity poly hopper covers yards 1 acre or larger
- Directional Spread Pattern Control guarantees even spread patterns and the widest spread widths of...
- Fully enclosed gearbox and stainless steel hardware, shaft and agitator eliminates down time and...
There have been a few minor complaints regarding the control lever not remaining in place, and some users have stated that the spreader seemed unable to evenly spread fine grained products, like dry lime; however, these complaints are in the minority. Overall, consumers agree that this spreader offers an excellent value for the money and is a worthwhile investment.
THANKS FOR READING
From the gauge of the steel used in the construction to the ergonomic placement of its controls, each design element of the Brinly BS36BH Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader has been carefully planned and executed. At the time of this writing, 75% of reviewers on Amazon have given it a four or five star rating. If you are looking for a workhorse that will be deliver the goods season after season, year after year, this spreader is the perfect choice.