Tow behind spreaders are designed to spread grass seed, fertilizer, and other lawn care products over large spreads of land in a relatively short time. If you are currently looking for a tow behind spreader, there are several things you should look for:
- A universal tow hitch that allows it to be used with any tractor
- A stainless-steel frame that will withstand the weight of the product you are spreading
- Pneumatic, wide set tires that will provide minimal resistance when pulling the spreader
- A grater that will provide easy and even product distribution
The good news is that the Brinly AS-40BH Tow Behind Combination Aerator Spreader meets these requirements and more! It simultaneously aerates and seeds your lawn in the spring to create the green, lush lawn most homeowners dream of. With only one attachment, this model will help you get all your lawn projects done quickly and efficiently. From its affordable price tag to its sturdy construction, each element of this aerator and spreader has been carefully thought out and executed.
Having a lawn that looks like it stepped out of the pages of Better Homes and Gardens has never been easier!
- All parts of this aerator and spreader are numbered and labeled to ensure simple and straightforward assembly, and the owner’s manual is well-written.
- The hopper and its frame are made from 18 gauge, welded steel to ensure the model’s durability.
- The dual-purpose design cuts the amount of time required to aerate and seed your lawn in half.
- The aeration spikes cannot be removed.
- The steel used in the construction of the Brinly AS-40BH is prone to rust.
- The 2 in 1 design of this model drops fertilizer or seed as it aerates to minimize the amount of time needed for the task and to ensure that the material enters the soil.
- The welded steel used in the design of the hopper prevents it from flexing and twisting, which prolongs its lifespan.
- The aeration spikes are crafted from heavy duty nylon to provide maximum durability and strength.
- The calibrated flow control feature of this Brinly model includes an easily adjusted stop to minimize waste and provide an accurate spread pattern.
- The solid tine shaft and tow tube design ensure that you can depend on this model to get the job done – each and every time.
The Brinly AS-40BH Tow Behind Combination Aerator Spreader is designed to enable you to aerate your lawn and spread granular materials at the same time. It should be noted here that although it can be used to spread fertilizer and lime, the spreader holes are too small to be able to spread composted manure. The durable and hardy aerator penetrates the most compacted soil, and the drop spreader, which is made from welded 18-gauge steel, deposits your seed or other lawn care products directly into the soil. Due to the aerator’s ability to penetrate deep into the soil, you won’t have to worry about your newly laid product washing away or being eaten by wildlife.
Careful thought has gone into the design of the Brinly AS-40BH. It features drawbars and framing that are crafted from tough tubular steel, and the hopper has a maximum capacity of 100 pounds. The steel frame prevents the hopper from twisting, buckling, or bowing when it is loaded. The aerator’s tines are made from galvanized steel. They will always remain sharp, and you’ll never have to worry about sharpening them yourself. Each tine can penetrate the ground up to 2 inches deep.
Consumer written reviews for the Brinly AS-40BH Tow Behind Combination Aerator Spreader have been largely positive. Over 70% of reviewers have given it a four or five star rating. The features that users have liked most about this model include its easy assembly, its dual-purpose capabilities, and its affordable price.
- Unique 2-n-1 design drops seed and fertilizer while aerating the lawn to save time
- Heavy duty steel hopper holds 120 pounds of materials for fewer stops to refill
- Galvanized tine stars inhibit rust and properly penetrate compacted soil up to 2 inch
Like most products, it is not perfect. There have been a handful of minor complaints from users who did not like the fact that they could not remove the aeration spikes when they only wanted to seed or fertilize their lawns, and around 15% of users had stated that the models they purchased had begun to rust within 2-3 years of purchasing this aerator spreader. However, Brinly states that, if the storage and maintenance instructions listed in the owner’s manual are followed properly, this shouldn’t be an issue for buyers. Overall, most buyers were quite pleased with this model.
THANKS FOR READING
With its ability to simultaneously aerate your lawn and spread seed, fertilizer, and lime, the Brinly AS-40BH Tow Behind Combination Aerator Spreader offers an excellent value for your money. Because it can do two jobs at once, it eliminates the need to buy an aerator and spreader separately. Although there has been some disagreement among buyers about the quality of the materials used in its construction, there have been little to no complaints about this aerator and spreader’s performance, which earns it a thumb’s up in this review.