- Rustproof poly hopper, solid rod gate-control, and spreader plate increase the life of this product
- 130-pound capacity covers approximately 1/2 an acre (about 25,000 square feet) - Dependent on the speed of application and the material used
- Durable aluminum bevel enclosed gearbox and taper
- Maneuverable large pneumatic tires
- Elective Pro Kit including shield available
- Easy to set, professional-grade controls that permit precise application
- Fast, easy assembly
- Consumer attachments of this Agri-Fab product are warranted for 3 years, excepting wear parts, which the company claims is the best warranty in the business
The Agri-Fab Push Broadcast Spreader 45-0462 weighs 35 pounds and measures 13.24" x 10.68" x 18.9". This broadcast spreader is push-style, covers approximately 25,000 square feet, and has a spreader width of 10 to 12 feet. The hopper has a capacity of 130 pounds, it has large pneumatic tires, and can be assembled quickly and easily. It also features easy hand control, an enclosed gearbox, a spreader plate, and a poly hopper.
This broadcast spreader is ideal for spreading ice melt during wintertime, and for spreading grass seed and fertilizer in summertime. This spreader is sure to make lawn care easy, with its large tires, easy-to-use control, and its ergonomic handle design. It can also be used to spread sand if the sand's coarse, and the operator closes the opening a bit. This workhorse spreader can handle approximately 130 pounds and can handle two 50 pound bags of rock salt easily. It also works well spreading pelletized lime.
The Agri-Fab Push Broadcast Spreader has a sealed gear box, but the instruction manual states that it should be opened up once each season for oiling. This machine features an open slot dispenser, instead of the flimsier rotating disks. Assembly of this spreader requires needle nose pliers, small rubber mallet, and a socket set. The gearbox isn't greased, so it must be taken apart to grease it.
Many users report that this spreader feels smooth and balanced during use. Calibration is done with a wing nut. The spreader doesn't appear to leak, and clumping is prevented by a clip rotating material inside the hopper. Cleaning of this unit is simple, and there is sufficient space between the parts to allow proper cleaning. The general consensus of users is that this is a well-built machine that is perfect for heavy use.
THANKS FOR READING
Fully 80% of online reviewers rate this product as excellent and would recommend its purchase. Nine percent of reviewers were moderately satisfied with this product, but had some issues with it, including having the gears start to slip on its first use, and its poor quality assembly instructions (just illustrations). Eleven percent of online reviewers were dissatisfied with this product, and would not recommend its purchase.