Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader Review
A tow behind drop spreader is a piece of farm equipment that is designed to evenly distribute seed or fertilizer onto soil that has already been tilled. Depending on the model, a tow behind spreader can either be pulled by hand or affixed to a tractor and towed behind. Those designed to be towed by tractors generally have a larger capacity than hand pulled models. These spreaders can be used for other things in addition to sowing seed and spreading fertilizer. For example, they are commonly used in cold climates to spread salt on sidewalks and driveways to prevent ice from forming.
The Agri Fab 45-0288 Tow Behind Drop Spreader is an excellent example of what a tow behind spreader has to offer. From the heavy-duty materials used in its construction to its sleek profile, a lot of thought and care has gone into its design and manufacture. This particular model has been designed for home and landowners who need to seed and fertilize large tracks of land in a minimal amount of time.
Read on to find out more about the specifics of what the Agri Fab 45-0288 Tow Behind Drop Spreader offers.
- The Agri Fab 45-0288 has a maximum hopper capacity of 175 pounds (17 gallons).
- The amount of material it can carry allows the user to seed and/or fertilize up to one acre of land (the equivalent of 40,000 square feet).
- In addition to seed and fertilizer, this model can also be used to spread sand, salt, and peat moss.
- One side of the agitator will release material at a higher rate than the other side.
- It has a high price tag compared to other models.
- The Agri Fab 45-0288 has a generous spread width of 42 inches.
- The hopper has a max capacity of 17 gallons (or 175 pounds).
- The hopper is crafted from a rustproof poly material that was chosen to increase product life.
- The agitator is made from premium galvanized steel to improve its durability.
- Pneumatic tires provide the spreader with a smooth ride.
- This product is accompanied by a limited, 3-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- The on/off control is easily accessible from the driver’s seat.
Fab is a company that specializes in the design and production of tow behind spreaders, and the Agri Fab 45-0288 Tow Behind Drop Spreader was designed to provide even coverage and simple operation. Homeowners who are looking for a versatile spreader will like what they find. The spreader and its hopper are made from corrosion resistant and rustproof materials to ensure its durability, and this model can be used to spread a variety of materials, including salt, sand, seed, and fertilizer.
Each model is made in the United States, which allows Agri Fab to keep a tight grip on quality control.
Consumers have praised the fact that the 45-0288 is easy to assemble. All it requires is for you to have a wrench and the ability to read instructions. Its oversized hopper will allow the user to haul enough seed or fertilizer to cover up to one acre of land. With its controlled spread width of 42 inches and easily accessible on/off controls, this tow behind spreader cuts down on the amount of time required to complete any task. Another feature users have liked is the partition that divides the hopper in half. The partition prevents materials from piling on the low end when it is being used on graded land.
Overall, the Agri Fab 45-0288 Tow Behind Drop Spreader has fared well in professional and consumer written reviews. In addition to its easy assembly, consumers have praised its durability, easy maneuverability, and its design. In particular, users liked the fact that this tow behind spreader is built low to the ground, so that finer-grained products, like sand and lime, are not lost to the wind. Other highlights of this model that users liked include the six month financing option for qualified buyers and the industry leading warranty offered by Agri Fab.
Like most other products, the Agri Fab 45-0288 is not without its faults. While some users complained about this model’s high price tag (when compared to similar models), the primary complaint against it was that one side of the agitator occasionally tends to release materials at a higher rate than the other side. For some users, this made it difficult to obtain an even distribution of seed and fertilizer. However, most consumers agreed that the 45-0288 is a product worth investing in.
- Hopper capacity is 17-gallons (dry)/175-pounds
- 40,000-square feet coverage; roughly 1 acre
- Rustproof poly hopper increases product life
- 42-inch controlled spread width
THANKS FOR READING
At the time of this writing, over 70% of reviewers on Amazon have given the Agri Fab 45-0288 Tow Behind Spreader a four star (or higher) rating. If you are looking for a trustworthy and reliable spreader, then this model may be exactly what you are looking for. On the off chance that something should go wrong, you’ll be able to rest assured that Agri Fab’s 3-year warranty will protect your investment.